In this training video, we’re going to show you how to use the remote desktop connection to access a remote server using the secure gateway configuration.
Accessing a Remote Server Without a VPN
- Open the Remote Desktop Connection application.
- Next, click the drop-down arrow that says, “Show Options.”
- From here, click the on the “Advanced,” tab, and click, “Settings.”
- In the popup window select, “Use these RD Gateway server settings.”
- A blank text box will become editable to input your server name to connect to the remote desktop.
- In most cases, the server name will be: rd.YourDomainName.com
- Support is available if you require assistance identifying the correct server name.
- Once the information is correct click, “OK.”
- Finally, navigate to the “General,” tab and under connection settings select, “Save As,” and select the appropriate location for the file. In this example, we save the file to the desktop for ease of access.
- When you need to access the remote desktop simply double-click on the shortcut that was just created and click, “Connect.”
- When prompted enter your login credentials and check the, “Remember Me,” box to save your password.