In this short video, we’re going to show you how to enroll a device for two factor authentication.
To get started, open a web browser and navigate to mail.exoscloud.com, in most cases this will be the URL you use to access the Outlook Web portal. You’re always welcome to reach out to support if you’re unsure of what URL you should be using.
Enrolling Your Device for Two Factor Authentication
- Sign in using your credentials.
- In the enrollment popup select Mobile Phone and press continue.
- Enter your full cell phone number, including the area code, and check the box that says, “this is the correct number“.
- Finally, click continue and select the type of phone you have before clicking continue again.
- If you wish to authenticate your access using the mobile app then follow the instructions on the screen to download it to your device.
- Once downloaded, continue the enrollment process by clicking, “I have Duo Mobile installed.”
- A unique barcode will be generated, and the instructions will prompt you to open the Duo Mobile app to scan the code and verify your cell phone.
- To do this, tap the “+” button in the Duo Mobile app, hold the phone up to your screen, and scan the barcode.
- Once verified, a green check mark will appear and the continue button will prompt you to continue verification.
On the last screen, click back to the login if you aren’t automatically redirected to the login screen.
3 Methods to Authenticate Login Attempts
When logging in to the Outlook Web portal for the first time after enrolling a device you’ll be prompted to authenticate your login using any three of the following methods:
- Duo Push – Duo push is the fastest way to authenticate your login as it’s connected to the Duo mobile app. Start by clicking the, “Send Me a Push,” button. Then complete the verification on your phone by tapping on the, “request waiting. Tap to respond…” button, and then either approve or deny the login attempt.
- Call Me – An automated attendant will call your phone asking for you to approve or deny the login request.
- Pass Code – A unique and temporary passcode is sent to you via text message. Simply take that unique passcode and enter it into box provided.
After completing any one of these authentication methods you will be automatically redirected to your inbox.