In this training video we’re going to show you how to share your Outlook calendar with internal or external users. We’ll also show you how to request permission to view a user’s calendar.
Sharing an Outlook Calendar
- To share a calendar with a user first open Outlook and navigate to
- Next, click on Share Calendar.
- A pop-up window will open with additional sharing features.
- In the To field enter the email address or addresses of those you wish to share your calendar with. You may also choose to request permission to view the recipient’s calendar.
- If you do not wish to allow the recipient access to view your calendar, then simply uncheck the box.
- Under the details drop down you have additional sharing options.
- Selecting availability only will show the recipient’s schedule, but it will not provide information of the calendar item.
- Limited details show the availability and the subject of the calendar item, but it will not provide access to view the specific detail of the calendar item such as notes or other attendees the recipient might have scheduled with.
- Full details will display the availability, subject of the calendar item, and specific details within the calendar event.
- Click on Send once you’re ready to send the request and the user will receive an email prompting them to accept.
- You can confirm which calendars have been shared by navigating to your calendar in Outlook and clicking on the Shared Calendars dropdown tab.
- You may also remove or update calendar permissions by clicking on the Calendar Permissions
- In the pop-up select the recipient you would like to remove or update permissions for and click apply.
That’s it! You now know how to share or request permission to view a user’s Outlook calendar.