In this training video, we’re going to show you how to share your Outlook calendar with internal or external users. We’ll also show you how to request permission to view a user’s calendar and help users request calendar access in outlook smoothly and effectively. Read these quick how-to request calendar access instructions.
Sharing an Outlook Calendar
- To share a calendar with a user first open Outlook and navigate to
- Next, click on Share Calendar.
- A pop-up window will open with additional sharing features.
- In the To field enter the email address or addresses of those you wish to share your calendar with. You may also choose to request permission to view the recipient’s calendar.
- If you do not wish to allow the recipient access to view your calendar, then simply uncheck the box.
- Under the details drop down you have additional sharing options.
- Selecting availability only will show the recipient’s schedule, but it will not provide information of the calendar item.
- Limited details show the availability and the subject of the calendar item, but it will not provide access to view the specific detail of the calendar item such as notes or other attendees the recipient might have scheduled with.
- Full details will display the availability, subject of the calendar item, and specific details within the calendar event.
- Click on Send once you’re ready to send the request and the user will receive an email prompting them to accept.
- You can confirm which calendars have been shared by navigating to your calendar in Outlook and clicking on the Shared Calendars dropdown tab.
- You may also remove or update calendar permissions by clicking on the Calendar Permissions
- In the pop-up select the recipient you would like to remove or update permissions for and click apply.
That’s it! You now know how to share or request permission to view a user’s Outlook calendar.
Why Request Calendar Access in Outlook?
If you are unable to see a co-workers calendar, you will have to request access to see their calendar and have permission to look at their upcoming events. This sharing request in outlook is quite popular, but be careful who you share your outlook calendar with if you have sensitive information.
When you provide access to outlook calendar you are creating a culture of transparency in your organization. This how-to guide and video will help you to share outlook calendar with your team and develop a tech strategy of the best method for how to request calendar access in outlook.
We also recommend all business owners read our latest eBook on Cybersecurity policies!
6 Critical Cybersecurity Policies Every Organization Must Have