Organizations benefit from Cloud services in several ways. Key benefits can include:
- Cost– Cloud services eliminate the large capital expenditures required to procure hardware and software, in addition to costs of operating an onsite datacenter that would include racks space, electricity, cooling, datacenter security, and IT experts to manage the infrastructure.
- Speed– Cloud services are on-demand and can be rapidly provisioned to meet business needs. New systems can be spun up within minutes. This allows organizations to significantly reduce setup time, increase efficiency, and gain a competitive advantage.
- Scalability– Cloud services provide the ability to scale elastically, meaning the right amount of resources are delivered exactly when they are needed. This provides organizations with greater flexibility and simplifies capacity planning.
- Productivity– Instead of having an IT team manage network and server infrastructure and patch software, they can focus their time on strategic goals to further the organization’s mission.
- Performance– Cloud services providers continuously upgrade their infrastructure to the latest, fastest, and most efficient computing hardware. This provides customers with a constantly improving end-user experience by leveraging the latest technologies.
- Reliability– Cloud services provide customers with high availability, disaster recovery, and business continuity.
Written by: Payam Pourkhomami, President & CEO, OSIbeyond