In this training video, we’re going to show you how to join a Skype for Business meeting using your iOS device.
Joining a Skype meeting using your iOS device
First, sign into the Skype for Business mobile app using your email address and password.
On the main screen, under Upcoming meetings, tap the meeting you want to join.
You can also view a list of upcoming meetings by tapping Meetings at the top of the screen.
On the meetings information screen, tap join meeting now.
Depending on how you set up your VoIP call options, one of the following will happen:
- You will be connected to audio or video using VoIP either by using Wi-Fi (if you are connected to a Wi-Fi network), or your cellular data plan. Regular data usage charges will apply.
- Or, Skype for Business calls you on your device and you will accept the Skype for Business call to join the meeting. This happens only when the voice and video call options (on the Skype for Business Options page) are set to ON and your device isn’t connected to a Wi-Fi network.
This option can be changed by clicking on your profile picture, and then editing voice setting.
Once in the Skype meeting, you can perform the following actions:
- Use video to start your camera
- Use mute to mute and unmute your microphone.
- Use speaker to turn the device’s speaker on and off
- Use Add to add new participants to the meeting.
- Do this by typing the name or phone number of the person you wish to add to the call
- Use End call to leave the meeting or end the conversation.
- Tap the text bubble in the upper right of the screen to type a message or read other participant’s messages.