In this training video, we’re going to explain the user presence status within Skype for Business.
User presence is automatically set based on your Outlook calendar but you can change it temporarily if you want to. Presence status is a quick way for other people see whether or not you’re free to chat.
Here are the presence settings you can change:
- Available * – Online and available.
- Be right back ** – Away from your computer briefly.
- Away *, ** – Logged on, but have been away from the computer for a period of time.
- Off work ** – Not working or not available.
- Busy *,** – Hard at work and shouldn’t be interrupted.
- In a call * – In a Skype for Business call (two-party call).
- In a meeting * – In a meeting (using Skype for Business or Outlook).
- In a conference call * – In a Skype for Business conference call (Skype meeting with audio).
- Do Not Disturb ** – Do not want to be disturbed. You will see IMs, but only if you’re both in the same Workgroup.
- Presenting * – Giving a presentation.
- Out of the office – Set to OFF in your Outlook calendar.
- Offline * – Not signed in.
- Unknown – Presence can’t be detected.
* Set automatically for you based on your keyboard activity or Outlook calendar.
** You can set your presence to this anytime you want.
More Questions About Skype For Business? Contact OSIbeyond to speak to an IT professional.